Faster and easier bulgur salad
She lived in a small, beautiful apartment in one of the hottest downtown district of Cologne. She also had the coolest stand-up parties, ever ever ever. Perhaps the melancholy is my reminder that we were both 15 years old (or more) younger. Somehow, everything was different than it is today. Not necessarily beautiful, well maybe a little, but just different.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
I can still remember exactly, when I say, your apartment, let's "climb". These old floors were so infinite in length. The legs with each stage harder and when you think now I am finally arrived , then again 50 steps felt up.
My dear friend was, and is, for me, until today not only the perfect hostess, no, she is the "Queen of cold Buffet". We both said last, if all else fails, then she founded a Catering company 😉 . Because it conjures up the most delicious finger food, delicacies, sandwich spreads, and salads. Today, in a larger apartment, but how could it be different, of course, on the fourth floor.
MY SIMPLE BULGUR SALAD MAKES GOOD ON ANY BUFFET AND GRILL SALAD
My undisputed number 1 in their Buffet-splendor of the simple bulgur salad yet. As I thought about the perfect Buffet and grill for salads, he came back to me in the sense. Of course, I called them directly to ask for the recipe and of course she has no recipe! The recipe is as follows 😉 "pi times thumb". You called me your favorite ingredients and spring onions ON EACH CASE belong.
I worked then in front of me, with the help of other recipe suggestions. Out came my quick and easy bulgur salad, and the most Important thing is the taste, it comes to my girlfriend. Proud 🙂 .
BULGUR COOKING – YES? NO?
You have no idea what the question is for a faith, whether you need to cook the Bulgur or not, as it says on the package. Many of dousing him with boiling hot water and leave him in it sources. Some people think there's nothing and cook him. I personally think, however, that it is much more practical to douse him with hot water in the serving bowl and let sources, even if he is then perhaps a touch crisper. I don't need a cooking pot, and also no screen at all. In the end, You'll have to self - 😉 decide .
By the way, if You have a Buffet plan a finger food, then my quick and easy bulgur salad from the plethora of but, in small glass. No matter whether drinking glass, dessert glass or small tea light container. He is a Buffet-style salad is always an eye-catcher.
More great Buffet of salads are my Mediterranean bread salad , or my Italian pasta salad.
Faster and easier bulgur salad
FOR THE SALAD
- 250 g Bulgur - uncooked, the finer the grains, the better
- 450 ml of water, boiling hot - The easiest way from the kettle
- 3 spring onions - cut in thin rings
- 2 tomatoes - Deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 2 peppers, red, small (about 150g) - cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, red - cut into small cubes
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped - Alternatively, mint
FOR THE DRESSING
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 TSP honey
- 2 TBSP lemon juice, fresh
- Salt and Cayenne pepper - to Taste
- First You fill in the 250g uncooked Bulgur in a bowl and douses it with approx. 450 ml of boiling hot water. The Bulgur should be just covered. Then with 1/2 teaspoon salt seasoning, stir and approx. 10-15 minutes open sources. Should be according to the sources, but still a little water in it, just weird to hold, and with the tablespoon of skim.VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: On the Bulgur-pack is that You get the Bulgur to cook supposed to. But this is from my experience not necessary. He begins absolutely fine and sufficient, if he is doused with boiling hot water. Maybe he did, depending on the variety You bought, still a little crisp, but he will sit for "" and also by the Dressing softer. If You certainly want to make sure when buying that the Bulgur wheat has a fine grain size. AND if You don't like him prefer to cook, You can do that, of course.
- While the Bulgur swell, can You take care of the Cut-Work: The 2 pepper wash and finely dice the tomatoes , wash, core and dice 3 spring onions, cut in fine rings as well as the rote onion and chop the parsley wash, dry and finely chop.
- For the Dressing mixes You all of the ingredients together and taste with salt and Cayenne pepper from.
- First of all the Dressing well with the Bulgur and mix (which can be somewhat lukewarm), and with salt, Cayenne pepper and/or pepper and lemon to taste to taste.
- Then mixed all the other ingredients to the Bulgur.
- My bulgur salad is a delicious perfect side dish for the barbecue buffet is perfectly suited. It is easy to prepare, because if he has some time to Pull it, is this even for the taste conducive. But it is also suitable as an Intermediate or main meal with some pita bread. I wish You a good appetite.