Greek salad – so fast and easy
Maybe it's because I was this summer, 30 years ago, for the first time in Greece and I don't get why just enough of everything that is Greek, as Greek salad. This is a kind of personal anniversary, if you will. Anyway, I have to get out lately very often with my Greek recipes for you to prepare.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
I put my step mom on the phone with questions such as: "And how the Greeks do it again this and how do you do again?", so you will lead me all the tricks and Tricks once again.
The Greek farmer's salad counts for me and my family to Greeks, our "favorite" and the ultimate summer salad for us. Not in vain he is also the absolute salad classics, because many other people also. A simple recipe with a big effect.
GREEK SALAD – PERFECT FOR SUMMER
I am not surprised by the way that the Greek farmer's salad from Greece, because when you live in summer under the hot Greek sun, as the Greeks do now, is food likely to be constantly on the lookout for easier and cooler.
In addition, the preparation with just a few fresh ingredients and feta cheese and olives is easy, and you can take it anywhere with. So it is the perfect meal for on the go or for the office. It also provides many vitamins and minerals, as salads do the General, but also adds a few proteins by sheep's milk cheese.
GREEK FARMER SALAD – IS ALWAYS SUITABLE FOR MANY OCCASIONS
Greek salad is not in the Greek cuisine the way only a tasty side dish and is served as an Appetizer or even a light main dish. The Dressing is traditionally made with a lot of valuable olive oil and lemon, that's it. Season with salt and pepper. So just be 😉 can Simply .
Here's a delicious Greek Appetizer: My Greek Tzatziki.
More quickly-made salads are my Mediterranean bread salad , or my faster tuna salad.
Greek farmer salad - so quick and easy
FOR THE SALAD
- 500 g of tomatoes - In quarter -, or eighth-cut pieces
- 1 cucumber - diced or sliced
- 1 bell pepper, red - into narrow short strips cut
- 1 bell pepper, green - into narrow short strips cut
- 2 onions, red, medium-large, - cut in thin rings
- 200 g feta cheese - Oregano and a little olive oil, seasoned and diced
- 80 g olives, black - without stones
- Oregano, dry spice - For the feta cheese and Garnish
FOR THE DRESSING
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Salt and pepper - to Taste
- At the beginning douses the sheep's cheese with a little olive oil, bestreust it with Oregano and cut it into cubes.
- Then are You washing the cucumber and cut them into small pieces and put the olives ready.
- The peppers also wash and clean and cut into short strips cut.
- The onions in fine rings and cut the tomatoes quartered or geachtelt.
- Now all of the ingredients in a bowl together and gently mix , or to taste on a platter or in a serving dish and garnish.
- The Dressing with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, stir (shake), under the ingredients , mix or pour. Finally, with a bit of Oregano sprinkle.
- I wish you a good appetite!