Currywurstsoße – easily and quickly made
The undisputed Queen of the "fast food & Soulfood" is to be currywurst for me! The fascination exerted by this small cult court on the palate, and remains, inexplicable. I experience it again and again, if the snake is in the office felt the canteen to infinity ranges, and you wonder, "where did they come from because all the people go?": Then there is Currywurst.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
If crowds of people before the sausage bratereien and takeaways on the year, markets, Christmas markets and street frolicking solid, na? Then there's soul food – the curry Wurst. There are countless recipes for the well-over 100 years ago, the curry sausage sauce invented. Probably since the thousands of squabbles between Berlin, Hamburg and the Ruhr area, namely where the creation is said to have played in the history of the currywurst in the end.
MY CURRYWURST SAUCE NEEDS TO BE FAST AND EASY
The numerous recipes are the business and livelihood of thousands of food stalls owners in our country and are guarded as a great secret: the head in the vault or anywhere else 😉 . Moved by this soul-food fascination, and because I think Currywurst is so incredibly delicious, I decided some time ago to create my own currywurst sauce.
Pre-I felt my way through the "study" and cook countless recipes from everywhere. Again and again I spent for the currywurst sauce time at the stove, stirring bubbling red mass. My men are pleased with’s very, when I have again declared: Today, for a change, C U R R Y W U U U R S T.
I've tried the sauce with Paprika, sometimes without, sometimes with fresh tomatoes, sometimes canned tomatoes, sometimes less time, more chilli, time, this, that, and, and, and – until I've seen Red 😉 . Until my personal Soulfood icing on the cake, the Cinnamon stick at the end with simmering, I mean, like with bubbles. You can taste the cinnamon, not strongly, but, nevertheless, he completes everything taste nice. You know, from chilli-con-Carne, there is usually also a little cinnamon.
WITHOUT KETCHUP, AND WITH A BIT OF SUGAR – FAMILIES - AND CHILDREN FRIENDLY
What was me with my currywurst sauce remote tons of sugar had to admit, as it is in some of the recipes of the case. The same is true for tomato ketchup, which is actually just almost out of sugar. From Cola not to mention, the lands in some of the recipes. It was important to me also, that I should make it too spicy, because it is supposed to be family friendly. If You like it sharper, You can just the seeds of the hot Peppers in the preparation can leave in or remove.
Of course, sauce is also a well-made Sausage is part of every delicious curry sausage. And Yes, there's also the spirits and tastes differ. Some of them have even the ambition of their Sausage themselves. Like my dad for example. The is one of the largest sausage lovers (and also curry sausage) that I know of and has tried, in fact, already in the Sausage making. Let's see, maybe I'm doing me with him to work.
The Bratwurst is also part of a "regular leaflet", there I can show You my homemade crispy oven potatoes in way, shape recommend.
Currywurst sauce - made simply and quickly
- 500 g of tomato puree - from the Tetra-Pak or canned
- 1 shallot - very small cut
- 30 g tomato paste
- 1 1/2 TBSP sugar, brown
- 75 ml orange juice
- 1/2 hot Pepper - seeded, very small cut
- 3 TSP of paprika - noble sweet
- 2 TSP curry powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 TABLESPOONS vegetable oil - e.g. sunflower oil, rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- First of all the shallot small cut, the Peppers remove seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Then heated for You, the 2 TABLESPOONS of Oil in a pan, and the shallot with the Pepper in it, briefly sauté until they are translucent is.
- Now comes the tomato paste and the spices into it: 3 TSP paprika powder, 2 Tsp curry powder, 1 pinch of salt, some pepper and the sugar. All together fry.
- In connection deletes You with the orange juice and verrührst all well to form a homogeneous mass.
- Now the tomato puree and the Cinnamon stick. Everything You can leave for 15-20 minutes on low heat to simmer, and this is more of a bubbling. Finally, once again, season to taste and if necessary adjust the seasoning.
- I wish You a good appetite!