Greek Tzatziki – easily self-made
It was a balmy Greek summer as the travel with the ferry after midnight, too late went off. You should take around 4 hours, came before me but like a half eternity. Because of the deep black sea, it said in this night, unfortunately, does not work well with me, it was raging wild and I was sick as a dog. To literally slow the rising of the sun and the island of Santorini was in the dawn in front of us. Huge volcanic rock walls rose steeply out of the sea, and as icing on top of the beautiful, white Greek architecture.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
We let the day slowly and in the hot Greek midday sun, we searched for a shady spot in an Ouzeri. A lot of Hunger, I had not due to the heat, just fancy a bit of white bread and black olives. The host for this, but still a bowl of Greek Tzatziki (he meant it good with me) and from then on it had happened to me. Since Santorini, I love this refreshing Dip and can't get enough of it. It tastes so soft and creamy and fits not only as a Starter for a Mediterranean meal, but also to many others. And is indispensable when grilling on a warm summer evening.
GREEK TZATZIKI IS VERY SIMPLE TO PREPARE
My step-mom is already shaped , for decades, "a Greek, in the heart of"😉, by their Greek friends. I preached always that you should make Tzatziki, in any case, yourself. Because only the self-made is the True. In addition, the Greek Tzatziki is prepared really very simple, you only need to follow a few small Tricks of the Greek cuisine.
THE CUCUMBER PLAYS NEXT TO THE YOGURT IN THE TZATZIKI A REAL MAIN ROLE
The as The snake cucumber or cucumber would be: whatever you like to call them, should be largely free of liquid. The get You best if You put Your cucumber grater in a dish towel. You'll see, it's fluid will drain and the tea towel absorbs, in addition, a lot of things. Everything else has not the same effect. Also, You should remove the seeds of the cucumber on each case.
YOGURT IS EQUAL TO YOGURT GREEK DIP-CLASSIC
Elementary it is also important that You, in fact, the original Greek yogurt to use, you can now in any classic supermarket to buy. It is creamier and tastier due to its higher Fat content (10%) and at all the "one and only" for the preparation of Tzatziki.
A freedom to allow my step-mom and I to us still, instead of a classic white wine vinegar season the Tzatziki with a soft, white balsamic, "crossover kitchen"-ish, so to speak,😉 . Oh and one more thing, if You are using fresh garlic, then You don't have sharpness, the extreme Garlic, because it is a little milder.
Here You'll find two more delicious Dip classic to me: herb quark with fresh herbs and lemon , and my Mexican Guacamole.
For Fans of Greek cuisine I have really great recipes, such as my fast Bifteki – Greek meatballs filled with feta cheese, my Greek chicken from the baking sheet or in my Greek salad.
Greek Tzatziki - easy self-made
THE TZATZIKI NEEDS TO DRAW FOR AN HOUR TO COOL ALL THE WAY.
- 500 g Greek cream yogurt - 10% fat in dry matter.
- 1 cucumber (cucumber), large - peeled, halved, seeded and scraped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, a fresh tuber - pressed
- 1 handful of Dill, fresh - chopped
- 1 Splash Of Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 EL white, soft-balsamic vinegar - Alternatively, white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper - to Taste
- First, peel away the skin, You the snake cucumber, halbierst and entkernst you and RUB it on the coarse side of the Grater directly on a kitchen towel.
- Then You take the tea towel and wringst the cucumbers to grate so hard as You can. Repeat a few times.
- Now verrührst You the yogurt in a bowl, give the pressed garlic, the olive oil, the vinegar and the splash of lemon juice and stir everything under.
- Thereafter, the cucumber grated and chopped Dill with the Yogurt and mix well with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Done - I wish you a good appetite!