Cherry tomato tart with caramelized onions
Friendly little cherry tomatoes have me once again laughed at and called "take me with you". It's summer and since I'm only right past them. You dance around in your little splendor before my eyes. Red, Yellow, Orange in round and oval, small and sweet. So what is the nature to do with this little sweetheart? How would you like onions with a cherry tomato tart with caramelized?
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
I'm a big cherry tomatoes-food machine, because they will disappear with a Happs quite quickly in my mouth.
THE QUICK TART IS MADE WITH PUFF PASTRY TO THE TURBO
So, in the end, the cherry tomato tart together with caramelized onions, what I really like to tomato or cherry tomato to eat. There would, of course, onions are on the one, followed closely by Mozzarella cheese or cheese in General, and Basil. And at the bottom, I opted for ready puff pastry, so the Whole thing goes easier and faster. But with homemade shortcrust pastry is also very tasty. If You have a pastry even want to make, here's my simple recipe for savoury shortcrust pastry – my basic recipe.
NO CHERRY TOMATO TART WITHOUT THE CHERRY TOMATOES
At first I wondered whether I should halve the cherry tomatoes or possibly grooving so that you stay nice and round. But why, I asked myself then. Why bother, it's supposed to be easy. I wanted to let these beautiful cherry tomatoes like they are. You'll see, it works wonderfully if you can, you'll be 😉 . Ok, they are a little shriveled and look like small soccer balls from which the air has been let out. But TASTY you stay and I'm delighted by the sight of the cherry tomato tart.
The onions I caramelized, because I think caramelized onions are unbeatable. You get this wonderful Sweet and complement the slight Sweetness of the cherry tomatoes. The taste is worth this small effort in any case, You're going to taste it. Try the quick tomato tart once in a while. It tastes soo delicious after summer and sun!
Another recipe with delicious cherry tomatoes in my Pasta with grilled cherry tomatoes and Pecorino.
Cherry tomato tart with caramelized onions
YOU NEED A SPRINGFORM pan, EITHER 24x18 cm rectangular OR 26 cm in DIAMETER
- 1 paver puff pastry from the refrigerated section rectangular or round - alternatively, home-made shortcrust pastry
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, red and yellow mixed
- 300 g white or red onions - halved, cut into rings
- 150 g Gruyère, freshly grated - alternatively, Gouda, Emmental, Parmesan
- 125 g Mini-Mozzarella/Mozzarella - halved or cut into small pieces
- 20 g Butter
- 1 TSP white or brown sugar
- 1 Pinch Of Salt
- 15 Basil leaves to Garnish - cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees top/bottom heat heating up and the puff pastry from the fridge, so he better roll up the leaves.
- First peel the onions, halve and cut in fine rings.
- To Caramelize the onions, leaving the Butter in a pan, melt and give the onion rings into it.
- The onions well to the Butter - stirring, with salt and pepper seasoning, the sugar sprinkle and quantities. Then You leave it for 20 to 25 minutes at moderate heat schmurgeln and stir once in a while to.If you want, You could taste the onions with a dark balsamic vinegar. Then about 1-2 EL.
- In the meantime, are You rubbing the Gruyere and put the Mozzarella ready and cut him small or halbierst the Mini-balls.
- Then are You washing the cherry tomatoes, let them drain well and put them also.
- Now fat You Your pan with Butter and a. The onions schmurgeln ago.
- Then You put the ffinished puff pastry in Your Form and cut it a little too. It is important that the dough edge is at least 2 cm high. Alternatively, You can also have a savoury shortcrust pastry yourself - here is my recipe: SAVOURY short crust pastry – this is MY basic recipe
- Now spread You evenly both types of cheese on the puff pastry bottom.
- Then You give the caramelized onions on it.
- Coming to the end of the cherry tomatoes on it.
- The tart on the middle rack in the oven at 220 degrees for approx. 35-40 minutes to bake.
- After the tart is finished, you should still rest for 5 minutes. Then, the liquid, which may be of the tomatoes on the surface with the rest of the ingredients combines. After the 5 minutes with the diced Basil leaves to garnish. I wish You a good appetite!